Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.

My female friend sometimes wears low cut tops and I dislike

My female friend sometimes wears low cut tops and I dislike it very much....I have talked with her about it but it did not seem to help....please help me with a firm but appropriate response....

I wouldn't beat around the bush with this one. When a woman is showing off her breasts, she wants people to look at them. Thats the point of a low cut shirt, and everyone knows this from teens on up. When you're looking at a dressed woman and 'seeing too much' is part of the outfit, it's a fashion choice. The reasons can be myriad - from it being fun to the pathological. For her, it can be just one part of a total outfit that she likes and not that important, but for you, it is the important part of the outfit.

You dislike it and have told her, and have found that her desire to have men look at her breasts is more important than her desire to make you happy. You've only got a few choices left in this situation: accept her choice and let it go, or let her go when she does this. Tell her that you won't be standing next to her during her 'what you consider to be' her public display periods, and then be ready to walk away. Don't get into drama about it, just be firm in that you won't be out with her when you're too uncomfortable with her clothes to enjoy her company.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.