Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.

I had a really fun first date on Sunday. We had coffee and

I had a really fun first date on Sunday. We had coffee and fun conversation for about an hour and a half. I'm going out of town for the holidays so he asked me out again for Tuesday (last night). For our second date he took me to a great restaurant where we shared a bottle of wine and had a delicious dinner and afterward we went to hear some music and had a couple of beers.

Since I was pretty tipsy by the end of the night, I don't know whether I really properly said thanks for the dinner. I want to send him a text today, to say thanks, XXXXX XXXXX also want to let him "chase" me, so do I leave it alone and seem ungracious, or do I text him and seem overly eager? I never know how to negotiate this territory!

Thanks :)
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Hey Susanna,

A text is a perfect way to say thanks, XXXXX XXXXX isn't chasing if you don't go too far into it. Just say, I had a wonderful time last night - thanks. It will be perfectly acceptable and normal, and will probably make him happy.

Have fun!