Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

how do i know if i love my husband

Customer Question

how do i know if i love my husband
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Hi Max,

Love is a complicated thing. You can feel love and you can choose to love someone. In marriage, love is a decision to act in certain ways that make the family stick together and move toward good for all. Sometimes that means that acting in ways that you don't really 'feel'. If you're in that zone for too long, you have to really consider at what price your happiness comes.

So when you ask how do you know if you love him, the answer is that you can 'feel' love and still not want to do what it takes to remain married, and you can not 'feel' love and choose to do what it takes to stay married because you decide it's the loving thing to do for all concerned.

I think a better question is often this: Do you like him? Do you like yourself? Do you like yourself with him? They're easier questions to answer and give you more to work with.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna