Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.

Me and my ex wife have been divorced for over 2 years now,She

Me and my ex wife have been divorced for over 2 years now,She is even remarried, but yet she calls me once or twice a week because she misses me and admitts she regrets leaveing me,First let me say i didnt want the divorce, and i am still in love with her, and because of this love i keep hanging on to the idea that she might come back.Am i just fooling myself and if so how after 2 years do i let go?

Hey Robert,

What a painful situation to be in. You can't let yourself be strung along like this - it'll ruin your life. How many years is long enough for her to figure out that she can correct the mistake she made?
You have to set a deadline for this and stick to it: no matter what. You'll go insane otherwise, or be one of those people who spends their whole life pining away for the "lost love". You deserve a full life with a woman who loves you and can commit to you. Being stuck in the middle is Hellish for everyone involved.

One part of this that you need to understand that feelings and behavior are two very different animals. You and your ex may feel all connected and loving, but both of your behavior isn't moving in that direction. This tells me volumes, and I'm not interested in all the outside issues. That alone speaks very loudly. You're both adults. If she wanted to be with you, she would have. If she wants to be with you and won't do it, what is the difference between that and the relationship you already had? She felt love, but her behavior led her to divorce you. She feels love now, but her behavior led her to divorce you and marry another man. She loved the other man and continues to court the other man as her husband. This shows an incredible self centeredness and inmaturity.

I'd advise you to set a date for one month and if she isn't out of his house and in yours, let it go and don't turn back.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.