Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

one of my bosses is a very eligible 55 year bachelor. it seems

Customer Question

one of my bosses is a very eligible 55 year bachelor. it seems that all of the women are interested in him. he has expressed interest in me and spoke to a mutual friend about me. because he is one of the bosses he stated that he has to be extra causious about approaching this type of situation. there are many women who are chasing him but i am very reserved and he seems to always find a way to talk to me. because everyone else is making it obvious that they are interested in him should i be more aggressive. is it normal for him to be cautious because of his positiion because he is afraid he could get in trouble
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

It is understandable that if he is a supervisor he would be cautions in pursuing subordinates at work. Usually it is best to leave work and pleasure separate. Of course, there are many people that meet at work and get together.

For him though, you may have to see if from his point of view- he is a supervisor and it would be unethical to date an employee. (he could fear being charged w/ sexual harassment, he could understand that people break up and does not want to have to deal with that person after that at work, etc) It is between the two of you how to go along with this and weight in the pros and cons.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
YOU DID NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION COMPLETELY I STATED THAT EVERYONE IS CHASING HIM AND I M MORE RESERVED. I ASKED IF I SHOULD BE AS BOLD AS THE OTHER WOMEN WHO CHASE HIM. ALTHOUGH I AM RESERVED HE ALWAYS SEEMS TO COME AND TALK TO ME
Expert:  Anna replied 4 years ago.

Hi Loveanimal,

If you become more bold, you'll become just like all the other women that he isn't chasing, and you won't stand out. If he wanted a bolder woman, he would take his pick. He likes that you're more reserved, so stay that way. He is finding his own way to come and talk to you - keep letting him. If you all the sudden change and become bold, he will most likely turn away, so don't do it.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.

Thanks!

Anna

Anna, Social Worker
Experience: 29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.