Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

Im 43,recently divorced,& happy to be out of a marriage that

I'm 43,recently divorced,& happy to be out of a marriage that involved step-children, ex-wives, my exs stressful job in management, dealing with a painkiller addiction, verbal abuse, & daliances with others. My shelter through the divorce was my friendship with a male co-worker who is 51, & recently divorced after 29 years. We always had fun working together & lived together for a couple of months. He moved out to reconcile with his wife but it wasnt possible. We are a couple living apart & working in the same place. I would commit, but he wants to leave his options open. I expressed jealous feelings when he was being flirty with a woman at work, & he got angry, & everyone was razzing us about my big jealousy problem. Now I just ignore it. I invited him to go into partnership with me on some property when & if I get my settlement. I don't want to lose his company & enjoy the nice things he does, & we have a mutally caring relationship. Do I need to give him time or be looking?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Evening,

It sounds like that the two of you had had some personal issues to be resolved him with his wife you with your ex etc. It may be wiser to take things slow this time as the two of you may get burned out (and he may be trying to avoid that by saying that he wants to leave his options open) On the other hand, if that means that he is not seeking commitment and if you are in fact seeking commitment and a long term relationship. you too may explore other options and see what makes you happy. After all, that is the goal- to be happy no matter if in a relationship that is serious, dating or still looking.