Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.

can i be a cop with a dui

Customer Question

can i be a cop with a dui
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Hi amy,

In general, yes, but then each jurisdiction has both it's official and unofficial hiring standards. In some, a DUI at any time is not good, others have time limits on how far back from your application it can be.

Usually you can look at the requirements online at a station that is hiring, and then at the police academy your would be going to will also have requirements for their school.

If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting. I appreciate this opportunity to help you out today. If I can be of further service to you, just put "for Anna" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it.