Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

I am very confused. There is this guy that I am in love with

Customer Question

I am very confused. There is this guy that I am in love with but he doesn't know. Sometimes he is the most amazing person and the sweetest but then there are other times when he is just so mean. I do a lot for him and we have been together for six months. But we don't have a title he says its because his life isn't stable enough to have a girlfriend. But I'm with him every day and night. And all of a sudden he is just being as mean to me as possible. And this has happened once before but then he apologized and we moved on. I don't understand what is going on. he says things that he knows will just hurt me. I don't know what I should do
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.

Good Evening,

The best thing to do is to bring this issue to his attention. You can not expect someone to change if they are not aware that they are doing something. It may be a personality trait or he may have low frustration tolerance.

If you want things to improve, try and talk to him. You don't have to be all confrontational, just say you want to share an observation of yours about how he is at times. Otherwise, you'd just encounter the same thing over and over. At least if you give him a chance by letting him know how you feel, he may start to be more mindful of how he acts.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I forgot to mention that when he acts like this he pretty much without saying says that he doesn't want me around anymore. But then later on he is all nice and sweet and tells me he misses me. Then like this morning for example after being all nice just starts being completely mean again.
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.

That is something to ask him about so you know what the motivation behind it is unless it is some kind of a control issue.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What do you mean by control issue?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
And how do I tell him I love him? I'm scared
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.