Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

Hi ive been going out with my bf for nearly 3years, i have

Hi i've been going out with my bf for nearly 3years, i have a feeling he might be bisexual or a bit gay. He does a bit of modelling here and there, hes quite good looking and he does attract the gay males out there and also alot of girls.Hes always into his appearance and what he wears when he goes out. Him and his best friend are really close they see eachother a few times a week, gym etc. and i only see him twice a week. They text eachother every 2nd of the day, and me and my bf only text few times a day. when it used to be every 2nd!! im kind of bf said he did have more fun hanging with sam than he did with me. but he still wants to be with me. am i over thinking it or is he just a typical guy that has a really best mate beside him who he loves to hang out with??
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
Well I tell you what, he just might have a really good friend that is fun to hang out with. I am assuming you talked to him about your concerns and maybe just outright asking him if he is gay becasue that is the impression you are getting. If there are other indications in his behavior (i.e. flirting with guys, going to gay bars, etc) then be concerned. If he just spends a lot of time with his friend then it might be a maturity issue and he may not be ready to have a steady romantic relationship. Talk to him about this and tell him you want more time from him . If he can't give it to you then move on.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yeah i think its just because he likes to hang out with his best friend and hes maturing at the same time. We have already talked about it and he said he would devote more time to me because he wants to be with me..i dont think theres anything to be worried about. He is one of those guys who likes his own space and time. to hang with his boys and his g/f.
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
Rachael, you are driving yourself mad over this boyfriend of yours. I have read most of your posts and there seems to be a pattern of insecurity and jealousy with you. I don't know if we are doing much help for you because everytime something comes up about your boyfriend it causes you to get all wound up. I would hope that you can get some counseling to get this thing sorted out because you obviously worry alot and this cannot be good for you. I want you to work with your own counselor to figure this thing out. We are here to help but It just seems that you need more than what we can offer. I don't mean to offend you but I am doing this out of concern.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i agree. i have arranged to see a counsellor tomorrow