Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

My daughter is 21. She doesnt work or study. She is very

My daughter is 21. She doesn't work or study. She is very rude and lazy.. She texts all the time but, doesn't look for a job. she is manipulating my husband and destroying my marriage
What can I do...?
I want her out of my house and get a life.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

If she is relying on you for support, it is time for her to get a job and to contribute to her own life. You and your husband will have to set some limits with her. If you are paying for her phone, car etc, then these things can be taken away. If she cannot respect you and do what is right, you would need to reinforce her to do so even if it is by taking certain privileges away. Otherwise, she will continue to act out in the same way and to try to get what she wants. Nothing will change on her end (unless she wants to or is forced to do so) Perhaps you can think of the things you can start taking away from her. She is an adult and needs to start acting like one.