Dr.G.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota
15682972

Me and my fiancee broke up like three weeks ago. We were living

Me and my fiancee broke up like three weeks ago. We were living together for two years. She said she needed a break that she needed time to think her life. We saw each other during the past couple weeks. We also have had sexual encounters. She says that she feels good when Im around and that she feels bad about braking heart and I dont deserve her. I dont feel that way obviously I love hef even though I feel betrayed and angry.
A couple a days ago I went to see her. I told her that if she wants to break up we need to do it because I have to continue with my life without suffering. I got up and left and she stoped me crying saying that shs doesnt want to lose me that I am a slecial person in her life. I havent called her since she is the one who calls.She invited me to see her
ast night. It was wonderfull but Im afraid to open myself again, Im afraid to call her... and its killing me... Im afraiid shes going to get the wrong message by not contacting her.. What do I do? How can Stop feeling like this? I know she wants me but I dont know whAt approach to take.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
I think right away you need answers to why she left. This to me seems like a top priority because you don't know her motives and this could happen again. I think you are definitely right in wanting her to choose so that you can live your life. Before she moves back in you and her need to sit down and have a serious conversation about what the problem is and then you can make your move once you hear her response. If she gives you vague answers then it is still going to leave you in limbo. You won't be able to stop feeling this way until you make a decision one way or the other either to leave the relationship or make it work. Take the direct approach and play no games. Your feelings are on the line and if I were you I would want some answers. Make your move once you get more info.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We already have had that conversation. She told that she still wants to be with me and work on the goals we had. She also told me that she wants me to have more control. Thats no problem. I just want to know if I should be calling her and seeing her or give her more time. Like I said shes been calling me all week and it suddenly stop... I feel like ots my turn to make a move, but I need to know if its ok if I just wait little more.
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 5 years ago.
These are the games I was talking about that you should avoid. If you want to work on the relationship then call her. If she says don't call her and give her her space then don't call. She says she wants to be with you and work on goals so call her and get to work.
Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience: Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota