Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

i have been in lesbian relationship for 4years and for the

Customer Question

i have been in lesbian relationship for 4years and for the past 12months i hve been contributing to my partners house payments and paying all utility bills. What am i entitled to now we have separated?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
Sorry to tell you but you are not entitled to anything. Even if you can prove you made payments the judge would tell you that you you would have had to make payments to live if you were on your own. SO getting reimbursed for living expenses is out of the question. On the other hand, if you can prove that you bought things for your partner as a loan or have lent money as a loan then you can get that back. My guess is that it would be hard to prove unless you and your partner had something in writing saying it was a loan. Probably not what you wanted to hear huh? Good luck to you.