Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

I am totally in love with a woman and we have been living together

Customer Question

I am totally in love with a woman and we have been living together for the last year. I have had a lot of bad luck with illness and been laid off twice, and now stuck in a low paying dead end job. We moved in together and after living in my townhome for a couple months moved into a home, which was mortgaged in here name because my credit has taken a major hit. She has had to take a second job, that she does no like, but makes A LOT of extra money there as a bartender. Things got even worse when I lost my car and made it very difficult for me to get to/from work, etc. I have been working very hard to get out of this situation, which she know of when we met by the way, and have evne had several really, really encouraging interviews and second interviews for much better jobs at better companies. Her patience has grown thin. She resents me and is very angry. She has admitted that it is much more the situation than me, her or us. She told me tonight that she wants me to leave. Advice?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Morning,

You have found yourself in a difficult spot having to deal with the issues of your work and money and then her response and feelings.

In a committed relationship couples stick together thoughts the good and the bad times.

If the situation is overwhelming her she will need to deal with her own dissatisfaction about her own jobs and then will need to address the situation as a couple with what is going on with the relationship.

There is couple's counseling available if either of you has behavioral health insurance.

This is something that has to be dealt with. Lots of people want an easy ride in a relationship where things are all beautiful and problems free. That is not a realistic expectations. The two of you will have to sort priorities out. Anything is temporary even the lack of money and better work. Humps in the relationships are temporary too but need to be dealt with.