Dr.G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

Ive been married since Jan 09 after only meeting my wife 2

I've been married since Jan 09 after only meeting my wife 2 months before we were married. She has anxiety mostly about our relationship, for no reason. She has a short temper and can get angry and at times can go into an unexpected rage and a couple of times threw things. Earlier this year my wife went from "talking" about a problem we had into a sudden rage. She beat me over the head with both fits and kicked me seven times in the chest as I was on the ground. Before the police came, she cut both her arms and blamed me to keep herself from going to jail. The police were not too sure about her story and didn’t arrest anybody. She has since been charged by the prosecutor and I’ve been subpoenaed to testify again her. She has apologized, but her family was left to believe that I cut her and out of fear that they will be subpoenaed, she has not told them the truth. Should I stay in this relationship?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
Come on man. Do you really need someone to tell you that this is a bad relationship. She kicked the crap out of you and then was sinister enough to cut herself and blame you. You tell you feel safe going to sleep after you have another blowout. Testify so that she pays the consequence for her actions and then file for divorce. You didn't know anything about her after only 2 months of dating. Cut your ties ASAP and move on with your life. Next time give yourself at least a year of knowing a girl before you prepose.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
WOW, coming from a psychologist, that was a pretty harsh way to respond with your amswer!Frown
Expert:  Dr.G. replied 6 years ago.
I am just saying you can't possibly know a person in that short period of time. You guys are still in the honeymoon phase of a relationship. From what you have seen from her so far are you impressed or is that too much for a person to handle?