Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.

6 months ago i found out that my ex fiance was cheating on

Customer Question

6 months ago i found out that my ex fiance was cheating on me after being together for 4 years, he got married now ,i still did not undersatnd why did this happen , why did he cheat on me is there anything wrong with me, how can a person forget easily about the second partner easily.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Hi Carol,

There are alot of people out there that aren't mature emotionally, and they tend to leave a trail of hurt people behind them. It's hard for people to understand how they can switch loyalty and affection so easily, but trust me, they can. It has nothing to do with you at all - it has to do with their integrity, or lack of it.

Don't wasts your time trying to figure it all out - most often it isn't any deeper than the fact that 1. he wanted to, and 2. It made him feel good. You can try to look for family problems and mental health issues, but in the end, it goes back to #1 and #2.

Take care of yourself and move on. It's the kindest gift you can give yourself.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer your question today.