Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

Why would a guy text a girl saying he had a wild dream about

Customer Question

Why would a guy text a girl saying he had a wild dream about her the night before?

About a month ago, I went out on a first date w/a guy from an online dating site (just held hands). After the date, he texted me how he felt absolutely comfortable and a first date could not had gone better. A couple of days later, he joined me and my best friend at the movies. Ever since then, he became distant and has not made plans to hang out.

I'm ok with it and understand people lose interest. So, I don't call him or chase guys for that matter, but I have expressed my interest in seeing him again.

He will randomly text me quick greetings, and I greet back but that's the extend of our communication.

However, yesterday after not hearing from him for over a week, he randomly texted me: "I had a wild dream about you last night"
I asked if he would tell me what that dream was about, he said no cuz it was too kinky and I didn't reply after that.

Why would a guy do that? Srange & immature!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Evening,

The reasons may be many. One, he may be trying to play hard so you become more interested in him. Second reason you've mentioned- people may lose interest. A third possibility may be that he wants to take things slow and not seem overbearing. And of course anything else is possible like you said people have done stranger things than that. Perhaps that is how he communicates (in riddles thinking someone else ought to find out what the meaning is- although, man prefer straight talk versus riddles) The best way to approach this is to ask him which you in a way did when you asked about the content of the dream (and he gave you a clue "kinky")