Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

I have been dating the woman of my dreams for a year now and

Customer Question

I have been dating the woman of my dreams for a year now and overall our relationship is awesome. We get along great and everything is going just great. There is one issue and I am not sure if it is just me or if I have anything to wory about. she is a dispatcher for a local sherriff's department and she comunicates daily while on shift via a IM type chat to officers as needed. The other day she saw an officer that was on duty and recognized his name as someone from high school. She contacted him via this IM and confirmed who he was. She then spent the next to shifts on chatting with him the enitre night. Last night he left the city he works in while on duty to come over to the dispatch center to meet her and chat for over an hour. When I voiced my concern about this she blew me off and said that I talk to people at my work while at work and so it should be no big deal. sometimes we email back and forth while at work and she blew me off for a couple of hours while he came up to chat. when I asked what happened to her she said he came up to visit. Do I have anythign to worry about ro am I just being overly jealous in this matter? I do not want anything between us, I love her so much and I know she loves me.
can you help me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

It is not unusual for old school mates and/or friends to connect (this is especially the case with online searchers like face book etc) If you trust her and she loves you, then there is no need to be concerned. If this turns out to be a daily routine, then you may revisit this question with her. After all, in a committed relationship the two partners ought to trust each other.

Try to see what comes out of it and do not make something out of nothing for now. She may feel intimidated and controlled otherwise which could make her try to vent about this to her male friend.

Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience: Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE,
i DO TRUST HER AND WE BOTH LOVE EACH OTHER. i DO NOT WANT HER TO FEEL THAT WAY. wHAT CAN I CAN FOR MYSELF TO KEEP FROM THINKING AND ACTING IN A WAY THAT SHE WOULD THINK THAT WAY?
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.