Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

I am 18 years old. I am entering the Army and currently attending

I am 18 years old. I am entering the Army and currently attending college. My fiance is 19. He is entering the Border Patrol and possibly the army and is also attending college. We want to move in together and it is without a doubt in our lives that we love each other. This is no puppy love. We want kids. He demands that we only have kids when we are both ready which is something I greatly appreciate. We want to move to a different city and get our own place. Now, my question is,are we doing the right thing? My family, with the exception of my father, is completely supportive. As long as he respects me and we both stay in college, they say that anything is possible. What do you guys think? The advice is already appreciated.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

As long as you and your fiance have made plans and the two of you trust each other, following your plans and dreams is a natural thing to do. It sounds like your family is also supportive of of this. Of course, anyone including yourself can make speculations about the what ifs in life. It is normal to be cautious about anything in life and especially the big plans. It is also not unusual for many young couples to remain together despite distance and other external factors. How the relationship progresses will depend on the two of you. If you have any doubts, it is best to address them with your fiance as he to probably has things on his mind. Both of your characters and how you deal with stressors and what you truly want out of the relationship will decide the direction in which things are to develop. It is at times better to take chances than to miss opportunities.

Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience: Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.