Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

My BF texting a girl about making plans for my bfs best friends

My BF texting a girl about making plans for my bfs best friends birthday party..they girl who is texting my bf goes out with the best friend. my bf and this girl used to have a ''thing'' not so long ago but i shouldnt be worried because we both are happy with who we are with now. but when they were texting i jumped to conlusions and snapped at my partner why and what they are txting about..i thought the worst. but they were only txting about arranging the birthday party. am i over reacting..what should i do? my bf is mad with me for over reacting about nothing
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

Hi Rachael,

I think you've got the best idea already: be clear in apologizing, and give him space to accept it in. What you didn isn't the biggest sin in the world, so if your bf keeps up the angry stance for longer than a week, I'd start to think something was up. What you did is understandable and most importantly, forgivable. If he can't get over something this small and normal, there is something not quite right about him and the way he deals with mistakes. I'd talk to him about that if this doesn't let up.

Thanks for letting me provide you with some feedback about your situation.

Anna