Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

I am a female, and I am in love with a male friend. He is

I am a female, and I am in love with a male friend. He is a good friend, so should I decide to tell him how I feel, it may effect the friendship we have. Should I move on, or tell him?

Good Evening,

You've got to figure out what is more important to you- his friendship or the possibility of getting together as a couple and the possibility of losing the friendship and even the courtship at some point. Usually the two friendship and amorous relationships do not mix well together. If you see him as a good trustworthy friend, that may be something that can last longer than a romantic relationship. Yet, there are many possible outcomes. If you have known each other for a while, you will by now surely know how he feels and what his girl interests are. Instead of making a decision right away, you could just see how things develop if this is a new friendship versus a seasoned one.