Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

Ive been in a relationship for four years, and over the past

I've been in a relationship for four years, and over the past two I have noticed myself growing more introverted and selfish. Negative, even. This behavior has pushed her away slowly, to the point where she wasn't happy and her attitude was equally sour. And a few days ago it came to a head. We broke up, but a day later she said "we should try to work it out." I was elated, but didn't express it to an extreme point. She suggested a tangible way to fix the problem, which is for us to move out of each other's home. She said she needs space but doesn't want to lose me. Nonetheless, I still can't help but feel like this is the beginning of the end, and I want to show her that I understand the problems and will do absolutely anything to fix them. What should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

HI Armand,

This is the kind of problem that working with a counselor face-to-face can solve quickly. A counselor would be able to see what you're talking about and give you feedback about what you need to change so that this negativity doesn't ruin your relationship. Something is blocking you. Moving away just very well may be the beginning of the end, or it may be the breath of fresh air that lets you both know how much you want to work on it. Either way, I would schedule a session with a counselor for feedback.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer to help with your question today.

Anna