Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

hello! i am 23 yr old. when i was 20 i felt in love with

Customer Question

i am 23 yr old. when i was 20 i felt in love with one guy he was my first boyfriend and i loved him so much. after couple months he left me and he ignored my messages and my calls. we stayed apart for 2 yrs and during these 2 yrs i went out with two other guys but it did not work. my first comes back to me bagging to give him another chance. i gave him another chance. everything is going so perfect we are back together for about one yr. but he does not know anything about my two other relationships. i am scared to loss him if i tell him the truth, but i am dying inside. i am going crazyy. can you please help me
sincerly ashly
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

You can share things with him only if you fee comfortable doing so. After all, you were separated and each one led their own life including him. What is most important now is that you are together and are working on your relationship. It is doubtful that he would have expected you or anyone else to remain single once he was out of the picture.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I know but inside i feel like i am hiding something from him. i just want to get over this but how??
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Just think that there may be things that he has not shared with you in regard to the time spent apart. Instead of feeling guilt, try to focus on being honest in the present time and building a solid relationship this time. Afterall, you are both young and you had done nothing out of the ordinary or shameful dating other people. Those experiences had helped you realize that this time you want to give this man another chance. That is what matters in the end.

If you decide to share your past with him, that is still a decision you will have to make and his reaction to the information will help you know what kind of individual he is. If you decide not to share, that is also your right and anyone should respect it.