Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

My boyfriend has two daughters that we recently have taken

Customer Question

My boyfriend has two daughters that we recently have taken in for the next year to give them some stability. He has been away in Georgia for the past two months leaving me to be the primary caretaker for them. During this time I found out I was pregnant and miscarried. Because of this I am now questioning are relationship as a whole because I am unsure I want "the full package." He is a good guy but our relationship has struggled over the past 5 years for various reasons. I need some tools to find out if it is time for me to jump ship?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

In order to figure out if you want "the full package", you may want to ask yourself some questions such as: where do you want your life with him to be in the next 3-5 years, what are some of the things you would like to compromise on and what things you absolutely are not ready to give up (one of these will be your own free time) Also, look at the relationship and notice how has it progressed thus far, are you comfortable in the direction it had gone and what are his plans for the two of you.

Unless you and him are on the same page, it would be difficult to keep up with a relationship and to commit for the long turn. There is also always a premarital therapy if you decide to explore this further and on a deeper level.