Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

What happens when a man goes thru a mid life crisis My boyfriends

What happens when a man goes thru a mid life crisis? My boyfriend's "best friend's 40th birthday is XXXXX up and I think this is also a part of why he is so depressed and anxious to break up with me. My bf turns 40 in January and let's say he is anxious to take a "certain test". Do you think I could help him during this time even though he doesnt want it from me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

Hey Saturn,

I'd be very careful about crowding him right now. They can get very testy at this time, and often VERY self-centered and crabby. I often compare it to a 16 year old trying to convince his mother that he's a grown up, but can't really act the part. They seem to revert back into those power struggles and want the women in their life to act as bulletproof as a mom to all the hurts they inflict. They get moody and depressed and anxious and angry. I've heard many women comment that they 'wish he would just get his period!"

If he doesn't want the help, you'll gain more favor by honoring his wishes rather than intruding.

Good luck with him!

Anna