Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

My question is for a councellor. I am in a relationship (marriage)

Customer Question

My question is for a councellor. I am in a relationship (marriage) that is just not good emotionally for me. I guess that I have been staying because I have no where else to go. I am 56 years old, I have never really worked, just been a housewife. I have my dog that is my comfort. But as I say I am probably living here because I have no where else to go, and I can't afford to live by myself. I sure would go if I had the money though. I have no family either. anyway that would not be an option. Anyway, I guess my questions is for an opinion as to what I can do. I am so at my wits end with this.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

It sounds that at the moment there aren't any options as to how to leave the marriage.

It is unhealthy to stay in it, and as you're describing there is no where to go. If you have explored all other options of where to go and will remain in this relationship for the time being, if possible to get some therapy for yourself may be helpful. If you have a social network of friends, family, church members etc. staying connected with them will provide some support. While you remain in the relationship at least you would have something else to focus on and people to engage with. Therapy will offer an opportunity for soul searching and coming to some other options that you may have not though of before.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Actually, I quess this anwer to my question and my request to withdraw this question before it was answered happened simultaneously. I just was not sure that anyone can actually answer this question, as this has been going on for some time, and seems hopeless to me. I mean I just do not know what to do.. However you answered, and I thank you. XXXXX do not have many friends and I would not talk to my friends about it, as it just seems that I am alway down, and people do not really like "down" people. I can't really afford counselling, I have thought that maybe I could start a church, but I don't know. I just seems like I am alone with this. I should have never married this man in the first place. It was a second marrage. I just seem to attract hurful people to me. For me it seems better to be alone. - Anyway, something else I wanted to say about payment. I did choose a payment that I could afford, but I got mixed up, and I think I put it in twice? maybe not. Can you check that from you end. I will wait to hear from you again before I accept this. Thank you again so much for your time with this matter.
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

payments only post upon clicking the Accept button.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did reply, with another question, and said I would wait to hear from you before I did anything. Maybe you did not get this question. I hope you do this time. thanks
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.

Hello Again,

I don't see another post - only this one.

Some churches offer free counseling and even though you are down, when you engage with others they can lift your spirits up little by little.

I am not sure if you are still wondering about payments. Even if a deposit is made we do not get paid unless someone clicks the accept button and there had been no payments on this thread.

Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience: Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes thank you I know all that. I have friends. I thought I had withdrawn my question in time to not to have to pay. I guess your answer came simultaniously with my cancelling this account. Anyway, yes, I will pay you because I guess now I should, seeing that you answered me. If I don't I am sure I will keep getting emails sent to me. Probably no one can really help me but me. that is why I tried to withdraw my question. This answer did not help me at all, as this is all commen sense. I do not know why I asked this question. It is too hard to ask for counsel over the internet, I quess. Take care.
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.