Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC

Hi I slept with my male best friend 2 days ago. we have known

Hi I slept with my male best friend 2 days ago. we have known each other 2 years. we have kissed before and there has always been a lot of sexual tension. Neither of us has discussed what happened and we met up today. I need to know what to do
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
Hi and welcome

first a question, how old are you two? knowing that would help me answer appropriately!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi Thankyou. I am 46 he is 38.
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
okay, at least you aren't teenagers.....that would require a different approach!

You need to talk about it, maybe not in great length right now but at least acknowledge what happened. Once the subject is brought up you can discuss what the both of you want to do about it. Do you want to be a couple? or do you want to stay casual sex partners? or would you rather return to the way you were before. Hopefully neither of you are married because that presents a whole spectrum of different problems. If you neglect to discuss it your friendship will suffer and you may not find out where you stand with each other, very awkward place to be. When you meet up with him don't walk around the issue, just say something like, well we crossed that line didn't we? and let it go on from there. You may both be a bit confused about what it meant, whether it was a result of the tension between you (which it obviously was) but is there more to it than that.....time will help with that one....if he is your friend then you should feel comfortable talking about it to him.

Please click ACCEPT and leave FEEDBACK when you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thankyou so much for the reply. Just find it very difficult to broach the subject first, was hoping he would.thanks again.
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.
ahhh yes, the standoff....feeling a bit awkward and no one wants to talk about the big elephant in the room!!! just do'll feel better......good luck.