Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

need help on guy probs

i met a guy in college,he was wonderful.I'm an international student from asia and this guy lived in asia for 12 years before he came back to the states for college. we connected pretty well in a way that is different maybe because we can speak our own language, and understand out own inside jokes. but 'v been feeling emotionally distant ever since i knew him. its like...i feel like he's not being himself which is why i think he is very insecure. we hang out a lot and would often talk about our past relationships. late he started lying to me about petty things that doesnt make any sense to me at all. I always feel like he is hiding something or is hiding "from" something i realise that we both like each other but he wasnt taking things any further. we would hang out and be super close one day and the next day he would ignore me or we would jus go on with our own lifes and it feels like a wall jus came between us the cycle would go on and on. lately i hav stoped contacting him, i felt bad coz he was obviously upset about it...i like him still but at the same time i'm angry because i think he is playing games with me eventhough i felt like he might not realise that. i don't know what to do..
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Morning,

From what you are describing there is a lot of guess work on your part as to why he does something or how he feels. It would be best to ask him directly or to at least share your concern with him. Try to find out if he is having some kind of emotional issues such as depression or anxiety or if he is stressed out by his studies.

In any relationship where two people are involved honesty is the key and the ability to communicate with each other.