Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.

I have been in a relationship for 6 years. He wants to break

I have been in a relationship for 6 years. He wants to break up cause he thinks he is unhappy. This has been going on for about a year but it got bad about 4 months ago. Yesterday, I went to his house and I asked him "Why he wants to break up?" He said in a whisper, "I dont want to break up." But I just let it go.

He has helped me do ALOT for myself. My family doesnt help me as much. I take my meds at his house almost every day, at my house I do not take them at all! I stopped going to my shrink Oct 15, cause my bf is threatening that we are going to break up. If we stay together I have NO PROBLEM going back to see her. I am in the middle of taking a course online for teacher aide. After I graduated from high school, I wanted to do something with kids but my mom wouldnt let me!!

My question is do you think we should stay together? I feel we can TOTALLY work this out but I really need to know how to do it, any suggestions?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

If you really want the relationship to work, you have to attempt different techniques.
How to save a relationship

How to keep a love

I would recommend that he come with you to your counselor so that you can make a plan of action that respects both of you and can help you work it out. This is a great list of how to resolve a conflict that has worked for many couples for years.

Hang in there and work with him for as long as you feel it has a chance.

Thanks for the chance to answer your question today. If you would, please use the feedback form after accepting - I really appreciate it.