Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.

My ex boyfriend tells me he will never be in love with me

My ex boyfriend tells me he will never be in love with me and that he was never in love with me. I ask him if there will ever be a chance for us to get back together and he says no. But how can he know this? He knows That I love him with all my heart and he wants to stay friends and he doesn't want to lose me as a friend. He tells me it will get easier in time. He knows that I wanted so much with him and he knows I can't walk away from him. Why does he want to be friends if he knows its going to hurt me? and do ex couples ever get back together when one says that they know they don't want to be with the other?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

I'm sorry that this relationship is hurting you so much. This break-up has been going on for some time and it's really torn you up. If you don't grieve your loss of this man as your partner, you're going to be tempted to go into stalker mode and that's the last thing either of you wants. You'll need to be more respectful of yourself and his wishes, and you need to listen to what he's saying to you. Sometimes "No." is a complete sentence, no matter how much it shatters your heart.
Here is some information for you:
Obsessive Love Disorder
Relationship Addiction Wheel

Grief & Loss in relationships

How does he know that he'll never be in love with you? He feels that and is sure of his feelings. He's also right in that it will get easier for you in time. Ex couples don't get back together in these situations. You've got to believe that and start the process of letting go. I know this hurts you deeply, but it's the truth straight from his mouth and you need to believe that he knows his heart as much as you know yours.

Take care, hffn, and be gentle with yourself.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Should I just walk away from him? He says he wants to be friends but he never calls me. I gave him a lot and still do and he takes what I give him. If I walk away from him is it going to hurt him or will he be ok? He probably wont even notice that I am gone. He never went out of his way for me but I did everything for him.
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

I think you'll both be OK if you walk away. You'll be open to new relationships that will want all that you have to give, which will make you feel better.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So he wont miss me? I miss him just thinking about it.
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

I think we're getting out of the question/answer format of Just Answer. If my answer has been of value to you, please click the green accept button. If you have another question, please post it in the boards so that you might find satisfaction.

I wish you well in this situation with your friend.