Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

AFTER 13 YEARS OF MARIAGE MY HUSBAND ONLY WANTS TO BE MY FRIEND.

Customer Question

AFTER 13 YEARS OF MARIAGE MY HUSBAND ONLY WANTS TO BE MY FRIEND. HE CHEATED AND WONT LEAVE THE OTHER WOMAN. I AM DEVASTED. AND IN A LOT OF PAIN. I WANT MY MARRIAGE TO WORK, AND HE WANTS A DIVORCE.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

bigfly,

I am so sorry. This is devastating news and I know it's breaking your heart. I'm going to tell you something very painful: he most likely will not be back, and you're going to have to find a way to move forward.

Talk to friends, religious aquaintences, get into counseling, join a divorce support group, and RIGHT NOW get a lawyer. Do all of these things. The ending of a marriage is an emotional issue and needs to be addressed in that way. A divorce is a legal proceeding that has very little to do with marriage. It's about law and accounting. Don't try to cross the two. Get a lawyer and let them protect you, and then tend to your heart.

The good news here (...if there is any...) is that the person who was left will recover from the divorce sooner.

http://divorcesupport.about.com/od/cheatinganddivorce/Cheating_and_Divorce.htm

http://www.ehow.com/how_5429030_handle-divorce-move.html?ref=fuel&utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=ssp&utm_campaign=yssp_art

Take care of yourself right now - you've been traumatized by this.

Anna