Anna
Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.
20023641

I get all crazy when my friend doesnt call me back right away.

I get all crazy when my friend doesn't call me back right away. I don't know why I do. I always assume that he doesen't want to talk to me anymore. I will text him and ask him if he doesent want to talk to me anymore and stuff like that I am driving myself and him crazy. we use to date and he broke my heart what is wrong with me and how can I stop I don't want to loose him as a friend.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

You have to distract yourself in some way. Make a decision that you will not act in a way that is sure to drive him off. You can stop yourself because we always have control of our behavior (unless intoxicated). Make the decision. Use discipline.

You can't NOT think of something, instead, you can choose to think another thought. So when you start to obsess on him, make yourself think "I will have dignity" and picture yourself standing tall and proud of yourself. Do this every single time. Pretty soon you'll see that you do have the control.

Men who are chased never get the thrill of chasing. Let both sides enjoy initiating the conversation.

If I can help further, let me know. Hang in there - you can do this!

Anna