Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.

As my Christmas present last year, I was told by the person

As my Christmas present last year, I was told by the person I was in a relationship with to go and have a Remote Start put in my car. We had a fight, but I told him I was still going to have it put in.

I had it installed in January for $175 and sent him a copy of the bill which I paid, with a note, "As you promised!!! Please sent the money for the remote". Our relationship is very volatile. We are continually breaking and making up. I've asked him for the money many times and get stalled off. I send a copies of the bill which he ignores.

It's just the principle, I want what was supposed to be my Christmas present paid for.

What is my recourse if anything??? How do I collect???
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.

You can go to your local small claims court and file a claim, or if your county has a Magistrate, go to that office and file the claim. You'll fill out a form and usually go before an official person to explain your case.

If you've told anyone about this at the time he told you, ask them to try to recall the events and be ready to come with you when you present your case.

You may not be able to collect, but I certainly hope you don't re-engage in a relationship with this person. No one deserves to be humiliated like that.

Thanks for the chance to answer your question. If you would, please fill out the feedback form after accepting - it's an important part of the site.