Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

been dating my boyfriend for 4 months, and we broke up 10 days

been dating my boyfriend for 4 months, and we broke up 10 days ago. He said he needed a break. I am devasted because I really care for him alot. we took a couple of trips together (one 10 days & the next 17days) and we never fought, we were totally happy. he talked about buying a house together, having a baby together one day etc. but could never tell me how he actually felt. When we ran into his co workers, other girls or people he knew, he would introduce me as his friend? it hurt my feelings. he also started to totally take me for granted. I had enough. What does the break mean?

Good Morning,

The appearance of distance can take place in any relationship even seasoned ones. The fact that after 4 months he had said he needs a break is not unusual (people get used to each other, tension may build up, pleasing and impressing the other person is not longer a priority so, it happens)

What also can happen though, if the two people are mutually invested in the relationship they both look for ways to improve it. It may be that he is trying to sort things out.

However, it is not respectful to hide the fact from others that you are his partner.

Change is a very hard thing for many people when they start a relationship. They may feel that their freedom is threatened. There may be many speculations as to why he had done so. The best way to find out is to confront him. Try to keep your expectations realistic and know that you like any one else is worth of being loved and being happy. When a man wants a woman he does not let her go or at least makes an effort to at least give her some explanation.