Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

Idk what to say so ill just write something. I was in a relationship

Customer Question

Idk what to say so ill just write something. I was in a relationship for nearly two years and it ended. This was three years ago yet I still love this woman. I try to talk/hangout/date with other women but in the end it all comes back to my love for ex. Why cant I get over her? Is this normal? This woman was the love of my life and I want her back. But I think it's been too long. We hung out yesterday for the first time in a long time. Just casual and had a good time overall. But I felt a rush of old feelings for her (I didnt show them though). She seemed like she just wanted to be friends. To get to the point, I want her back. Is there hope?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Evening,

It is natural to miss someone who had been in one's life romantically and no longer is.

As far as whether or not there is hope, that answer would be only something she can answer. Of what you have posted, it seems that it had been quite some time ago and that she had indicated that she would like to remain in touch but not be romantically involved. Your desire to have her back may be incongruent with hers and if she senses that she may feel let down or that her wishes were not respected.

With time peoples feelings change which too is normal. Although you had dated other women, perhaps you are unconsciously trying to compare them to her and that is one of the reasons it had not worked out with another woman. Ultimately what you are feelings is a result of your thoughts. If the thoughts change, it is possible for the feelings to change and for you to move on and be happily involved with another person. For whatever reason, the prior relationship had ended.