Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

Well I met a man as a patient (I am a medical professional).

Well I met a man as a patient (I am a medical professional). This kind of thing has never happened before to me and he says he the same about himself. There was an incredible attraction and chemistry. He started emailing me and I started emailing back. We started dating and we have had such a good time. He says that he loves me more than he's ever loved anyone. Unfortunately, he is living with his girlfriend. They own a home together. He told me they lead separate lives and he's trying to figure out how to get out of the situation but has a lot to lose. We are on going on six months now and yes, we have been intimate and it's great. I want to be with him and he tells me he wants to be with me. What should I do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Morning,

It is possible to find someone and become attracted to in any setting. It seems that the two of you had hit it right off from the start.

You may want to set some kind of a limit (in regard to him living with his ex girlfriend)

It is unclear whether or not she still believes that they are together or she is clear that he is dating you. That would be of importance in letting you know your next step.

If he had been honest with her, then he ought to make arrangements to no longer reside with her. If he has not, that may cause you more headache in the long run (if he is not honest with his allegedly ex partner, he may at some point become dishonest with you)

BotXXXXX XXXXXne is, he is dating you now, and it is preferable that he does not reside with another woman.

Edited by Dr Rossi on 10/10/2009 at 1:25 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I did not say ex-girlfriend. He is living with his girlfriend.
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.
The answer is staring you right in the face. Unless you are willing to take the chance to one day potentially be in that woman's shoes, you may want to do some soul searching and also confront him. Try to confront him and tell him what you expect (if they live "separate lives", then she ought to be an ex not a current girlfriend) If he is playing the two of you, that is not a healthy relationship and a solid future is slim because, (past behavior is an indicator of future behavior)