Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Counselor
Experience:  PHD LPC
14832673

met a guy about 6 wks ago. he ran after me in parking lot

Customer Question

met a guy about 6 wks ago. he ran after me in parking lot for my number but never called. i kept running into him at the club at he asked me out after about a month. we had danced together and i felt there was an attraction. he asked me out last week and made reservations for a restaurant and dancing afterwards on a friday. on that fri. morning he text me and apologized saying his meeting in DC was extended and that he would be unable to catch the afternoon flight and we would have to reschedule. I haven't dated much at all but I was a bit suspicious. Could he have been blowing me off or was it the truth. He never calls but always texts.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 7 years ago.
hi and welcome,

You should be suspicious. Texting has become the new way to have quasi relationships when one is not "available". I would back off and see if he reschedules. You do have the right to ask a few questions before you agree to a date. Ask him point blank, are you already in a relationship? He may say yes or he may stutter a bit before he answers. If he says no then you have to assume he is either telling the truth or may not be sure he wants to start anything. Attraction is a strong pull and if he is single and is attracted to you then he'll stay in touch. I would suggest you stop answering every text, ask him to call if he wants to carry on a conversation. If you are suspicious then listen to your gut, it's usually right on.
Dr. Keane
Please click ACCEPT and leave FEEDBACK when you are satisfied.