Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

Is something wrong with me because I dont care if my relationship

Is something wrong with me because I don't care if my relationship with my boyfriend works anymore? I don't know if he cheats, it doesn't seem like it. But, he just not into me like I am him. I'm the one that always suggest things for us to do, and ask him to do everything. He will do it too, but it just gets boring when I do all the suggesting and inviting. When I talk to him about it, he tells me to break up with him then. I don't think he means that, but I think he says it because he knows how much I care. I'm getting fed up and bored. We live together and he does come home every night.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Afternoon,

What you are describing is not uncommon in couples that have been together for a while.

With time, the novelty of the relationship wears off and the honey moon stage can easily become one of boredom. When people get to know each other more and had been doing things for a while, they become too comfortable with each other and do not at times think to bring some spontaneity into their relationship.

It may be a good idea to talk with him and the two of you to come up with different things that you can do for fun. Variety keeps the world going.