Anna, Social Worker
Experience:  29 years experience in addictions & mental health. I'll tell you my honest opinion.

Hi, I am very worried because at the weekend I went out

Customer Question

I am very worried because at the weekend I went out and i ended up kissing another man and i have know cheated on my boyfriend, I have told him because I wanted to be honest with him, but he hasnt finished with me yet but I have got a horrible feeling he will becuase I think he thinks he cant trust me, I no its no excuse but i really dont remember it happenig because I was drunk. Do you think i deserve a second chance?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Anna replied 7 years ago.
Hi Wantnewskin,

How I would show your boyfriend that you're worthy of his second chance is to do something about your drinking. If you're drinking to the point you cannot control your behavior, you can't trust yourself and he can't either. If you're not willing to do that, I would not recommend for him to give you a second chance. This is a very serious issue in a relationship, and saying it happended only because you were drunk leaves a very wide door open, it doesn't close it. Talk to him about your committment to be responsible with alcohol - that will get you further than anything else here.

Good luck to you, and I wish you well. It's good that you told the truth and are open to working on this with him.