Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.
19260254

I am in a struggling realtionship and wanted to know what you

Customer Question

I am in a struggling realtionship and wanted to know what you think of myself and my ex-wife who have struggled to keep things going after a five year break. There are some trust issues along with suspicions that have no validity on my part whatsoever. I haven't had the kindest responses with her when being accused of speaking with anothetr female only bcuz of the way she inquires about these thngs. She has been going to therapy for a couple of years now and she has told me that her current doctor has told her she would lose me if she continued her ways. I am at fault for some things recently more actions than anything but she is extremely insecure and now admitts this. But she wants to ends things over a bad outing we had that she is exaggerating about. I have been nothing but apologies but can't get her to reconcile to get past this. I love her deeply as she is the mother ofmy son and just last week we had things going very well but now all of a sudden she wants all to end all
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Evening,

It seems that you have some insight as to what is causing discord in the relationship.

In order for any relationship to work, each party has to know how to compromise (you've mentioned that both of you would like to be in control) As a couple, you may want to find out if the things that you are trying to control are minute and worth the struggle.

Other issues you've mentioned is that she holds on to things of the past and has difficulties trusting you. That is not healthy. It is good that she is receiving individual counseling.

What would be helpful though is to have some couple's therapy.

This will bring some objective light onto the situation you are in and help you sort your feelings and decide on how you would like to proceed.