Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

A young woman says she loves me. She plays with her hair, touches

Customer Question

A young woman says she loves me. She plays with her hair, touches my arms,pinches me very hard and txts me and calls me sunshine. She calls me "dad" and says we are partners in crime for life.

She is younger than I am. She says the younger men nowdays are not men. She tells me almost everything in her personal life. Is this just a father figure fixation or is she into me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Evening,

It can be both (a father figure fixation and a crush) Her behavior sounds flirtatious and her disclosing things about her life indicative of poor boundaries.

From the post is not clear what the age difference is and if the two of you are dating or are coworkers etc. You may want to pay attention of who she treats other men who are older than her.

Depending on how you feel about this, you could approach her and try see what her intentions are and get your answer so to speak "straight from the horse's mouth".

If you are not interested in pursuing a relationship, you may want to let her know earlier rather than later.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

She is 20 years junior to me. She tends to rub against me and leans closer when I talk. I have noticed that she treats only me this way. She does not like other women looking at me, not dating. She also does anything I ask her to do. Has sent me cards saying " how much I mean to her in her world" and I have stolen her heart. I care for her, but don't want to ruin the way it is now by confronting her. I'm a little confused is all.

Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

You have a valid concern. Her behavior is quite flirtatious (yet it would be good to be cautious about a female making the first moves in such an open and possessive way)

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

What would my concerns be if I let it go on? I love this girl.

Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.
You may want to figure out what lies ahead- what is the potential of the relationship and how you would deal with it if nothing substantial comes out (like in any relationship there are always risks)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not know what certain elements in a relationship may mean. Maybe you could help. When a woman has progressed to full kisses on the lips to open mouth and french kissing to include bitting on the arms and the lips when kissing. In what direction or what does this fully mean. I do not want to make the wrong move.
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.
If someone is kissing another in the manner you've described, then they are making a pass onto the other person big time (and probably hope for reciprocation) If the person is someone you know well, then talking to her (whether telling her that her advances are unwelcomed or asking her is she seeking a relationship and then decide if you are as well) If you are interested in having a relationship with her, then indicate it to her.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I asked her where this seems to be going. It keeps getting bigger and bigger. She said it just happened naturally and not to question it. She did not want it jinxed. She had been previously married and divorced. Is she a little gun shy?
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 6 years ago.
Yes, quite possible she's being cautious and not rushing things just living in the moment.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am very cautious myself. This young Lady, and she is a Lady, seems to be totally committed to me. She seems to be afraid not to make me jealous and has said that I make her feel very special when she is with me. She is very guarded and protective of me and does not like other women looking at me. I think that I am very much in love with her. After 3 years we have just committed to intimate kissing and holding. I'm good with that, as it is is genuine. It kind of seems that she really wants to make sure that I do love her. Many times just saying that you love a person is only words. How do I let her know that these are not only words, but the truth? I have acted in a reserved and gentlemanly fashion and not become aggressive in my response to her overtures. Should I be more aggressive? I've told her a number of times if I get out of line to let me know. I have progressed forward, without a word of decline from her. I'm worried that I may go beyond the boundry and ruin it. Does this make sense?