Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

My Girlfriend and i both 24 broke up about over a month and

My Girlfriend and i both 24 broke up about over a month and half ago due to her cheating on me with a married man twice her age. After about a week and half of the breakup i accepted it and took her side and agreed with her. We went through periods of 2 weeks and 1 weeks of no contact and occasionally we chat online but it is usually short and sweet. We've only met outside once and had a great time just hanging out. However i don't think i can keep hanging out with her because its giving me false hopes of reconciling. I'm sure shes still seeing this man but she tells everyone she isn't. I have been moving on fairly well getting myself better going out to all these places and having fun and lately i started to ignore her because I've been busy. She would message me online asking what your doing today or whats going on. I've ignored her but im confused if she wants to get back together or she just wants me as her friend and what should i do. I know i can give her another chance.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 7 years ago.

Good Morning,

Breaking up is always hard and even more difficult when one of the partners involved (in this case her, is sending you mixed messages)

The only way to find out what her real intent is to ask her flat out. Speculating will not help and as you've mentioned you do not believe her to be totally honest with you.

In regard to what you would do- ask yourself this questions -

if you are back with her in a romantic relationship will you trust her completely or will you always have wonder what is she up to.

if you remain just friends- what is it that that relationship will bring in your life that you are lacking if she is not your "friend" Another question to ask yourself is - would there be a temptation at some point to rekindle the romantic relationship once again?