Dr Rossi
Dr Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Author, 13+years of experience.

i have spoken with kim several times about my daughter and

Customer Question

i have spoken with kim several times about my daughter and the boys she seems to attract from the one with the stalker parents to the boy from the ocean. it continues. my daughter has moved back to ohio and the ocean boy is still in pa. they had not seen each other from july. he continues to call her asking to see her and come see him. he is still full of himself and she does not understand why he wont leave her alone. she has told him to stop calling and he will but then out of the blue he does it again. last week she ran into an old boyfrined from several years ago. he had a break up not too long ago    called the next day and said how good it was to see her and now contacts her daily. has talked about plans but then is tired, etc. again why is she attracting these guys and how should she handle this.
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.

Good Morning,

There may be different speculations as to why she is attracting men with similar characteristics. One is that subconsciously women attract a person who in some way may remind them of another male figure in their life who they wanted affection from. It could have been a father who was cold, a first boyfriend etc. (The men sought out later in life may have personalities similar to that one man) Another speculation may be that whatever a person seeks in another is actually a subconscious way of trying to connect with someone whom she believes possesses characteristics that she herself has such as honesty, faithfulness, high level of interest, etc (but mistakenly she believes that the man she is with has those qualities when in fact they do not)

Ye, another speculation is that by doing the same thing-getting with similar men, she expects a different result.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You really did not answer all of my question. What suggestions do you have for her as to handle the ongoing communication. Is it possible they truly care? She does not want to ruin a relationship that could have a possible future/
Expert:  Dr Rossi replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.