Walter
Walter, Relationship Mentor
Experience:  Mentoring couples on relationship issue and self understanding. (JA's Relationship Mentor)

This summer, a boy I graduated with and I hung out over the

This summer, a boy I graduated with and I hung out over the summer. We had been talking since February, both at different schools. I couldn't wait to see him because he plays baseball at school and they were in tournament so he came home for summer break around the end of June. We hung out almost every day, did fun things together and I really grew to like him. Now we are at our schools, he in South Carolina and I in New York. We still talk a lot and I really want to see him but a flight is expensive. I have the money but I don't know if it will hurt me in the long run. It is a decision that keeps coming back to me even when I decide it's too much money and I'd rather spend it on a nice bag. But I really want to see him and get a taste for southern college life. I don't know what to do. Please help!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Walter replied 4 years ago.

Were you in a relationship over the summer, or just friends?

How does he feel about you coming down?

Walter

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We were not in a relationship but it was turning into something pretty serious. If I were closer to his school or he closer to mine, we would probably be a couple. At first I thought it would just be a summer fling, but we continue to talk pretty frequently when I'm at school and I really miss him. I'm just wondering what I should do, I keep juggling it around in my mind. He told me he wants to see me and that he misses me a lot, it's just that he doesn't want me to spend to come see him and that it is more complicated for me to come see him than it is for him to come see me in the winter. Also, I know he is pretty busy with baseball but I would go down on a football game weekend so he wouldn't have practice on Saturday and I could spend the whole day with him. I don't know what to do, it's so hard to make a decision like this because I don't know what's in my best interest. All my friends say to just follow my heart but it's difficult when I don't now exactly how it will be if I do visit him. One side of me wants to stay at school and try and see other people, but it's so hard when I constantly think about him.
Expert:  Walter replied 4 years ago.

The last thing you want to do is not go, and then always wonder "what if" It sounds like you and he had a good connection, and while a long distance relationship isn't easy.....it isn't impossible either. Since he wants to come up in the winter this tells me that he is indeed interested.

As long as you go when he is not busy with baseball, then I see no reason why you can not go. Though keep in mind what ever you do there are no guarantees that things are going to work out, so it may be easier for you to sit back and wait until the winter when he can come out and save yourself from spending all that money.

In the end I can not tell you what to do, only you know what is best for you. If going is going to make life harder for you by not having money then I would say not to go.....but if it would not harm you then go ahead and have some fun! At least you will never have to wonder "what if"

Walter

Walter, Relationship Mentor
Experience: Mentoring couples on relationship issue and self understanding. (JA's Relationship Mentor)