Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

About 3 years ago my father and mom bought my sister a dog.

About 3 years ago my father and mom bought my sister a dog. they divorced so the dog stayed with me,my sister and father for about a year. we later moved in with my mom and biscuit (our dog) came with us too. One day when we came back from school. he was gone. We were told he had been hit by a car and died. We were heartbroken, for a while my sister and i felt alone. We had lost our best friend, the only thing that kept this family together. Biscuit was suppose to move in with my dad that weekend, since my father was the rightful owner,but he mysteriously died three days before. About a month ago we over heard my mom talking about how she wanted to give him away and didn't want my father to have him. About an hour ago we found out he was taken somewhere and given to a whole new family. But yet my mother still incests that he died due to a car accident.Later that day we found out she had lied to us.What do we do?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question.

May I ask your age and that of your sister?

Do you still live with your mother at this time?

How did you find out your dog is living with another family?

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for responding

My sister is 16 and no i do not live with my mother anymore.
I over heard my mother talking to her boyfriend about how she gave him to his vet and they found a home for him.
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, and you're most welcome. Thanks for your reply with additional information.

I'm so sorry you had to lose your dog in this way, but at least you know he's alive and well, and hopefully with a nice family.

You can ask your mother why she lied to you and your sister, and tell her that she caused you a lot of heartache. It's something that's over and done with and I'm so sorry you and your sister had to go through this emotional turmoil. Ask your mother for an apology, respectfully, XXXXX XXXXX

When you're ready, you can get yourself a puppy/dog, if you're living on your own, now.

I wish you and your sister much good luck in the future.

Cher
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is no possable way of getting him back.
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks very much for your reply and your accept.

Unfortunately, you most likely can't get him back. You don't know where he is and it was your mother's decision to make, if you and your sister were minors at the time. It's a very unfair situation and I'm so sorry you had to go through it, but pray that he has a good life now, and that should make you feel better.

When the time is right, you can give another puppy all your love, and a great life!

Cher