Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

I have been in a relationship with a man for 2 1/2 years on

I have been in a relationship with a man for 2 1/2 years on and off. I have asked him to stop all contact with the women he has dated on dating sites. I asked him to stop any contact with the woman he broke up with me for last year. But he refuses saying they are just friends and likes talking to them. He says he only loves me. Sometimes he tells me the truth and sometimes he avoids it. I checked his phone and email and he his angry but forgives me. I check it so I know what is going on in his life so that I don't get hurt again. He says he does not know what to do with me he loves me with all his heart and not seeing anyone else. We get along in every area in our relationship except when it comes to women. I feel insecure when he turns all his attention to other women in public and makes me feel like I am unimportant to him. He say he does not know what to do with me. I said all you have to do is stop your contact with these women & he says no. I have backed off from him what do I do.
Hi, and thanks for your question.

If he tells you he loves you, yet cannot stop himself from speaking with/contacting or looking at, other women, especially after you asked him to do this for you, he can't be trusted, and I think you've made a wise move, in distancing yourself from him, at this time.

Tell him when he feels this urge to contact other women is out of his system and he can give himself freely to you, and only you, you will consider taking him back, but until that time, I don't see how you can continue a trusting and happy relationship with him. You can't check his phone and email to see what he's up to, when you're in a relationship, because he should be only interested in you and if you find evidence to the contrary, he doesn't want ONLY you.

If he says he doesn't know what to do with you, and you gave him your answer, if and when he's ready and able to make you the only woman in his life, tell him he'll have a chance with you, otherwise, you'll have to stop seeing him.

I wish you the best of luck!