Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

i met a nice guy and we have been friends for one year. He

i met a nice guy and we have been friends for one year. He was hurt before so i was slow to ask fro commitment. He was asking me if i love him, want to marry him, have kids and lots of other lovely things. We never had sex but we have intimacy and spend lots of time together. After those questions he pulled back and finally told me he was joking. I was so crushed i stopped contact with him. i love him and dont know what now? He wants to be best friends, he is not sure he is over his past.
Hi, Renata.

I'm so sorry he was so hurtful to you. That was really not very nice of him, but he probably thought you'd just take it as a the joke he meant it to be. Sometimes, men don't realize they're being hurtful, and the woman has to tell them.

If you have shared a lot up until now, and you do have strong feelings for him, agree to be his friend, and if he says he's not sure he's over any hurt he had in the past, take it slowly. First, tell him he owes you a BIG apology, because you thought he was being serious re: all the marriage, etc., talk.

From now on, tell him you won't take anything he says seriously, so he'll have to 'win' back your faith in him.

I hope everything works out the way you want it to, and wish you much good luck.

If you'd like to talk more, I'd be happy to, when I'm next online. I need to sign off for the night, now.