Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor
1470369

How do i answer his questions about my affair,he wants the

Customer Question

How do i answer his questions about my affair,he wants the details?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  jettadan1 replied 7 years ago.
You need to be as vague as he will let you, and dont tell him anything you did if you have not done it with him. Sugar coat everything.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
are you kidding me!! He is absoulutely defiant about wanting to know the details and basically is saying i tell him or he won't ever recover from the thoughts that are plaguing him.He told me to go think about it and get back to him
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

This is, of course, a very difficult situation for both of you.

It might be a good idea for you to tell him what you can, and downplay everything. First, apologize for having the affair, and tell him it meant nothing, the other person wasn't good in bed, it was a huge mistake, and you will regret it forever. Beg his forgiveness if you want to salvage your relationship.

I understand how he feels, re: picturing the unimaginable in his head, and having it drive him crazy; that's why it's better to tell him things, but they don't have to be exact or terribly truthful. Say whatever will get you off the hook so you can continue your relationship, if that's possible. Ordinarily, honesty is always the best policy, but in this case, I don't think you should tell him the details completely.

Please let me know if you want to talk more.

Cher
Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience: Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor