Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Consultant
Experience:  USC, BS Psych & Soc.; Transactional Analaysis; U.S. A. D&A Counseling, Family Advocacy, Anger Mngmnt

Could I ask you for a very honest reply please to the Q is

Customer Question

Could I ask you for a very honest reply please to the Q is now ask?

I sent 2-3 apologies to a guy I briefly went out with 3.5 years ago. The most recent one being this wkd gone by. Apology was accepted but the following text stated ' I don't want a relationship but would you be up for a no strings attached relationship but fun time'. My understanding of this meaning 'I would like to have sex with you but no emotion or feelings behind it'. Please forgive if this sounds like a very ignorant Q on my behalf but does he think that my apology was only to try and get back with him? He did ask me if I was single. Does he believe my apology was insincere and is therefore making a mockery of me?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 7 years ago.

I do not think any of those things. I believe his is selfish, and insensative,and he must think you are an idiot. He does not respect you to suggest such a thing.

A relationship of friends with privledges is a one way street and has not happy ending, in most instances.

You asked for an honest opinion. I believe you have apologized too many times. Once was enough. YOu should not apologize again.

In my opinion, you should not contact this person again; and if he contacts you make all conversations short and sweet.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Edward,

To be honest I have been an idiot and lowered myself to such shame this evening. I entertained his previous text saying yes I would like to have fun without no strings. I played him at his own game with these texts but never in a million years thought he would show up at my home this evening and basically get naked in my hallway. I was mortified and said what the hell are you at I'm not on for this, I was joking, He said fine and stormed out. I tried to ring and text but their has been no reply. I genuinely thought he was joking about this and that was all it was but what was I thinking. I feel such crap about myself because I genuinely did not mean to belittle him. I have always cared about him but yes I will admit I always wanted to see his face too and I did but in the manner in which it happened tonight. What an awful mess and there is no going back. My friend said A 'he got his payment for treating you like such crap all those years'. Yes that maybe so but I just feel awful although I genuinely mean't this happen because I stupidly still care for him. I do think though that this is finally over.

<p>Dear in1,</p><p> </p><p>Thank you for getting back to me. I think you should forgive yourself. BUT, if you really want this to be over, then do not play the game. Do not respond to him, let it go. He plays the game better than you, and all you will do is keep this game going. My advise is to let it go. Work on yourself, and look for other more fullfilling and mature relationships.</p><p> </p><p>I do not think you should feel awful; you accidentally walked into that.</p>