Ed Johnson
Ed Johnson, Consultant
Experience:  USC, BS Psych & Soc.; Transactional Analaysis; U.S. A. D&A Counseling, Family Advocacy, Anger Mngmnt
586644

My Ex boyfriend & I ended up in bed on Saturday night, he told

Customer Question

My Ex boyfriend & I ended up in bed on Saturday night, he told me that he wanted to get bk 2geva wiv me & he still had feelings 4 me. I wanna believe him but he was also drunk & I don't know if it was the beer talking! He kissed me in the morning but I had 2 go back home, I text him to say I was gonna phone lata tht night but I cudnt in the end cuz ov no credit! He sent me a msg 2 say that he was sorry if I tried 2 phne him but his phne waz playing up cuz he droped it! I sed that it waz ok & I needed 2 knw wetha we wer bk 2geva cuz I dnt reAlly remba if I agreed 2 get back wiv him or not. Im hoping he says yes cuz afta spending some time wiv him I really do wanna giv a shot at things again as we had a really good time 2geva ova the weekend!!
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Ed Johnson replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer

Thanks for your question.

I understand your situation, can you tell me what it is you need to know?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I need to know from what has happend & what he said did he mean it or waz he just drunk?Mens P.O.V is needed cuz my brothers mate said he only said cuz he waz drunk & wanted to get me in2 bed

DearCustomer

Thank you for clarifying the issue.

He may have been sincere. Often when men break up with women, they may soon after have regrets. Unable to express this directly, they may, under the influence of alcohol, make an effort to reconcile and get back together.

However, such a response under the influence of alcohol lacks commitment.

You should have a sober conversation with him. Such a conversation should be without alcohol by either of you for a full 48 hours before (if possible).

Without speaking to him directly, I will not be able to known with 100% certainty of his sincerity, and without a sober conversation about reconciliation between you, you will not either.

It is equally possible that he was not just trying to get you back into bed, but that this is "trial" reconciliation. Ex husbands and wives, ex boyfriends and girlfriends, etc often do have a brief reconciliatory effort involving sex within the first year of a break up. Whether this goes anywhere will depend on the out come of a sober conversation.

For now, I would recommend to set up a dinner date with that agenda in mind, and to not text or call him until just before the date (to confirm and remind him).