Cher, Relationship Enthusiast
Experience:  Extensive experience as Educator/Teacher, M.A., Counselor, Spouse, Parent, Psychic Advisor

I keep bumping into this guy in my church...he has been trying

I keep bumping into this guy in my church...he has been trying to say something to me for a while
(months). I recently bumped into again .. outside of church. We went into the same store, he then came up to me and told me his name and asked me if I sang on the choir. He reached out to me to shake my hand as to say nice to meet you.

What should I expect the next time I see him ? how should I respond ?
Category: Relationship
Expert:  Cher replied 7 years ago.

It sounds like this guy might be interested in you, so if you feel the same way, the next time you see him, say 'hello again' to him by name, and start discussing some items of mutual interest, like church activities, the choir, etc., and see where it leads. Take it slowly and see how he acts; perhaps he'll suggest you go for coffee, etc., or maybe he'll ask for your phone number. If you feel he's shy and you would like to get to know him better, there's nothing wrong with asking for his phone number, if you're getting ready to say goodbye to each other and he hasn't yet asked for yours.

I hope things work out the way you'd like them to, and wish you much good luck!